I received an email and sms to say that NBN is coming to my area (Tarneit, Vic) soon, and to pre-order now. However, I have a lot of questions that I'm hoping you can answer before I make my decision.
1. Can I keep my existing landline number? If yes, how do I arrange this?
2. Do I need a VOIP phone or will my existing landline phones still work?
3. Can I keep my current TPG username?
4. Can I choose where the ugly hardware is installed in my house?
5. Will this affect my TPG mobile plans? (2 x $16.99 pm)
6. At the bottom of the first page on the Critical Information Summary for the TPG NBN FTTN XXL BUNDLE it says:
* Consists of peak (8:30am - 2:30am) and off peak (2:30am - 8:30am) monthly usage quota. Speed will be shaped for the period in which the monthly usage quota has been exceeded (peak and/or off peak). Downloads and uploads counted.
Yet under Monthly Data Quota (on the same page) it says 'Unlimited'. So, is it unlimited and NOT shaped, or limited and shaped? Remember, this is the XXL BUNDLE I'm talking about.
7. Are there any upgrade / downgrade fees? If I start on the 25Mbps plan and want to downgrade to 12Mbps, or the other way around, apart from the $10 pm plan difference, are there any other fees?
FYI - I'm currently on the Ultimate 8000 Unlimited plan, as I can't get ADSL2 in my area.