Post subject: ADSL2+ Internet & Home Phone Service Active but Not working
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 pm 

Hi Team,

I am having a very disappointing experience since the time I switched my Service provider to TPG. Below are the points that will back my review.

1. After repeatedly telling the representative (during setting up account with TPG) to send the modem to my old address, it was sent to the new address where no body yet lived.
2. After informing the next representative about the this issue, she went to a length to listen to the recording whether I had actually mentioned to send the modem to old address.
3. After installation and activation of service, no checks were performed whether the internet or the phone line is working (just asked me to keep the modem switched on during installation).
4. Still do not have internet connection. Matter escalated to Engineering team, who told me that a Telstra technician is booked to look into the matter which might take additional days to complete the set up. Its absolutely disappointing, when your entire work depends on Internet and you do not have connection.
5. Please make sure, I do not get the usual answer "that there is a fault in my line"

Post subject: Re: ADSL2+ Internet & Home Phone Service Active but Not working
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:52 pm 

Hi cd1412,

Yes, there is a fault on the line (between the exchange and your building) that was why engineering lodged a Telstra fault. When the service was installed, Telstra only jumpered the service at the exchange because, based on their records, there was a history of a previous working service in the same address within the last 6 months. Engineering will proivide you updates and feedback during the course of the investigation until the issue is resolved.