Post new topic Reply to topic Forum index -> New installation Queries Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Nbn active but getting error 8180
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:01 pm 

Hi nottheonlychris,

I have notified our NBN Team. You should receive an update shortly. Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 pm 

Thank god for you, Chris, your post is more helpful than any TPG member I have spoken to has ever been.

Still ?@!#, but at least I know where to start asking questions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:01 pm 

Hi Frustrated08,

Are you getting the error 8180? What is the name of the modem connected, where is it connected and what are the lights that are lit up?

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 pm 

Hi Abby

From memory, I believe that was the error.

It's a Huawei modem, WAN and WLAN lights show but no internet light.

Couldn't tell you the model number, as I don't live at the property it is located at, but none of the multiple TPG people I called could assist when I was there with all the information in front of me, including the "tech" department.

Since then I've received a text message asking to reply with a good time to call and they will call me or to call a number listed - replied to text, no call. Called number listed, nobody on the listed number had any idea what I was taking about but took a message and promised me a call back within 5 minutes. That was over 24 hours ago, no call. Replied to the text message yet again since then, no contact.

I would estimate the number of times TPG has 'promised' to call me back in the last 6 months to be approx 30? Have literally never had a single person keep their promise. It is insane, I have never come across a company like this. Each time they do it, I tell them I know they are lying because their colleagues have done it to me so many times already and they insist that no, they are absolutely going to get somebody to call me - then I guess they just....

I dont know, take the next call and lie to more suckers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:58 pm 

Good news, I called NBN and they have confirmed they've literally never received an order to activate nbn at my property.

Meanwhile, I've received "congrats your nbn is active!" emails but ALSO "upgrade to nbn!" Emails, both from TPG.

bravo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:34 pm 

Hi Frustrated08,

You are subscribed to TPG's FTTB plan. It's not from NBN Co.
Should you need further clarification or assistance, I can request our team to give you a call. Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:37 pm 

Can you??? Because I've requested four call backs so far this week and I'm yet to receive one, whats the trick to it???

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:56 pm 

Hi Frustrated08,

It shows that the installation has been completed last August 01. I understand that you don't live in the property, so could you please advise the name of the person and the mobile number to call for troubleshooting. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:38 pm 

Hi Frustrated08,

Please have someone at the premise to reset modem and verify the serial number of the modem connected. The serial number could be found at the bottom of the modem. Thank you

Post new topic Reply to topic Forum index -> New installation Queries Go to page Previous  1, 2